Listed on BlogShares So...This Is My 30's?


 

My 20's have been left behind and my 30's has begun. This is my journey into the next phase of adulthood.

So, should I be feeling any different?

Testosterone Tuesday (Evening Edition)

Today was a great day to be a Giants fan!

A day after Big Blue put a whooping down on The 'Boys in their house, the New York Giants appear to finally have their act together, and look like the team we thought they'd be in the preseason. The defense was ferocious and opportunistic. The offense, lead by Tiki Barber's 100-yard effort, controlled the game. Eli was hitting Plaxico Burress and Jeremy Shockey at will. Even Tom Coughlin could do no wrong when he challenged a fumble call early on against Eli Manning, and got the reversal, though it was the wrong call. Of course, nothing can go exactly the way we Giants fans would like it. Lavar Arrington, who finally looked like the stud linebacker we hoped he could be when he was signed, tore his Achilles tendon and is lost for the year...and possibly his career. It's too bad because I noticed a drop in the defense's intensity when he left the game in the 2nd quarter.

Now it is on to a three-game homestand in the Meadowlands, with this Sunday's game being against the Tampa Bay Bucs (winners of two straight) and Tiki's twin brother Ronde. I love the G-men's chances of making it four in a row as they face a rookie QB, and a team that I think is playing above their heads right now after upsets of the Bengals and Eagles.

Then, after what I hope will be a demolition of the Houston Texans the following week, The Giants host the (currently) undefeated Chicago Bears for their stiffest test of the season. Yours truly has a chance to go to this marquee matchup that has become the first game of the season NBC used their flex option; instead of a 1pm game, I may be freezing my ass off at 8:30pm November 12. Let's hope those tickets come through. Now, onto more guy-talk.

posted by That 30's Guy @ 7:11 PM,

|

<< Home