Listed on BlogShares So...This Is My 30's?


 

My 20's have been left behind and my 30's has begun. This is my journey into the next phase of adulthood.

So, should I be feeling any different?

Testosterone Tuesday

Well, it's October. I think. At least, that is what the calender says.

For the first time since 2002, Red Sox Nation will not be able to see any playoff magic. The odds of that happening died a long time ago. Sure, last year's sweep at the hands of the White Sox wasn't all that enjoyable, but it was still playoff baseball. It's too bad because the last three Octobers--especially 2004--were quite the ride. It was extremely depressing to tune in to yesterday's rain-shortened game to see nearly empty seats in Fenway Park on a rainy day in a worthless game. On the mound was the likes of Dervan Hansack, and not Curt Schilling pitching in a do-or-die/ must-win game to get into the postseason. You even go to the Red Sox website and there is no talk about tomorrow; there is talk about where they go from here. Depressing.

I really do feel for fans of teams like the Royals, Devil Rays, and Brewers who just don't even know what it is like to have your team get a chance, no matter how remote, at winning a World Series. I guess I can't complain since I'm among that group of baseball fans fortunate enough to know that each offseason, my team's front office will do everything it can to ensure the team can make a run at contending. Then again, if the Red Sox brass have another winter like the one we experienced last year, I may as well just sleep through summer in hopes the Giants will get it right in 2007.

posted by That 30's Guy @ 6:53 AM,

|

<< Home