Listed on BlogShares So...This Is My 30's?


 

My 20's have been left behind and my 30's has begun. This is my journey into the next phase of adulthood.

So, should I be feeling any different?

Testosterone Tuesday (Evening Edition)

A little publicized piece of news from the world of That 30's Guy: I landed NY Giants tickets for this past Sunday's unexpected squeaker vs. the Houston Texans. Guys I work with are season ticket holders, and I was caught off-guard with a ticket offer Friday morning. Naturally, it took me no time to jump on the opportunity.

I hadn't been to the Stadium since the 2004 home opener vs. Washington. It was such a different atmosphere than the road game at Atlanta a few weeks ago. On Sunday, I saw folks who drove in trucks and trailers painted in Giants-blue with the NY logo, propped up plasma screen TV 's hooked up to Direct TV dishes, or had their X-box set up so they could play Madden'07. There were a few bands, too. Oh, and not to mention Jersey girls looking so damn hot in Giants gear. What an environment!

It got better. Among the bunch of us, we had a couple of seats down in Row 1 in the corner of an endzone. Because this was my first trip with the group, they gave dibs for the first half in one of those seats. I never had been this close to the action before. I got to see Tiki Barber break a long TD run right towards us. We could hear the hits and grunts as if we were down in the action. For the 2nd half, I moved up to the other seats in the upper tier at the 50 yard line. These weren't so bad either since you could see the plays develop. Shit, though.: if I sat anywhere I would have been happier than a pig in shit!

Ah yes. NFL football on a cool November day. I can't think of many better ways to spend a Sunday.

While the Giants looked pretty flat against a bad Texans-team, I contribute that to sitting a few dinged up players like Plaxico Burress (back), and Sam Madison (hamstring) in preperation for this Sunday's huge clash with the Chicago Bears. I won't lose sight of the fact that Big Blue's two best defensive players, Michael Strahan and Osi Umenyora, are injured. I have faith Osi will play with Strahan now being out for 2-4 weeks. No matter what, I think this offense can score on this suddenly-vulnerable defense of the Bears, and I think the defense can pressure Rex Grossman enough to force him into making a few mistakes.

Now, some takes on what's what in the world of sports and entertainment.

posted by That 30's Guy @ 9:06 PM,

|

<< Home