Listed on BlogShares So...This Is My 30's?


 

My 20's have been left behind and my 30's has begun. This is my journey into the next phase of adulthood.

So, should I be feeling any different?

My Stomach is Turning...

After three straight days of long hours in the office that followed two days of driving for 13 hours, I spend my weekend with a weak stomach. No, it had nothing to do with the drama surrounding Anna Nicole Smith's death.

Very late Thursday night/very early Friday morning, I woke with chills, body ache, and a bad case of the runs. That was pretty much my night. By dawn, I had developed a fever and there was just no way I was going to be a trooper and make it to the office. Talk about a bummer. I was so looking forward to having a clear mind on Friday at 5pm. Instead, I was curled up on a sofa wrapped in a bathrobe, a blanket, and the heat jacked up to 72 degrees in the house. Batgirl did me a favor by going on a shopping spree and picking me up cans of ginger ale, chicken soup, Vitamin Water and Gatorade.

Miraculously, my fever broke by Saturday morning and I had my energy back. My stomach was still quite uneasy, and Batgirl preferred I sit out painting for the afternoon in favor of rest so we could spend the evening together. I was glad because it gave me a chance to attempt to buy her Valentine's Day gift, which I had intended to be a jewelry box (she REALLY needs one). With my stomach on shaky ground, I went to about three four different stores and none were selling them. What the fuck it that all about?! Apparently Christmas time is the only time of year people need jewelry boxes?!

By Sunday, I thought I was 100%. I ate normally at breakfast, did some work for a couple of hours at Batgirl's house, then we had to go to my folks' for a birthday dinner in honor of two of my aunts. I had trouble eating, and I felt like I began to burn up again. I got lethargic, and as of right now my stomach is feeling like it did just before I hit the sheets Thursday night. Is there some kind of bug going around?

Well, timing couldn't be worse as I am too busy at work to be sick, plus Valentine's Day is in two days and I need to get together Batgirl's gift (I'm opting for a scrapbook I saw in one of the stores she likes to shop at, since she wants to put one together). In between, I told her I'd help her do some top-to-bottom cleaning in her house before she finally moves in next week during vacation. Why the hell is there a Valentine's Day? In the middle of the week on my least favorite day of the week, no less.

Ah yeah. Thank God it's Monday. An even better reason to feel sick to your stomach, eh?

posted by That 30's Guy @ 12:08 AM,

|

<< Home