Listed on BlogShares So...This Is My 30's?


 

My 20's have been left behind and my 30's has begun. This is my journey into the next phase of adulthood.

So, should I be feeling any different?

2006, According to That 30's Guy Part 2, in Short

I provided a lot of color for January 2006, but now we will blow through the next 4 months of 2006...

February--My relationship with Batgirl got on the fast track. We had memorable dates like going to a college basketball game then hitting up a local popular dive bar for dinner, getting dinner and playing pool just before the biggest storm of the winter hit, and skiing together for the first time. Another night, we just stayed in with the purpose of getting loaded since the next day was President's Day. She introduced me to Nim Chow at that day. We also shared our first Valentine's Day, an evening where I whipped up raspberry chicken and coconut rice. I still have the empty bottle from that night. The first 30th birthday bash of 2006 occured, my longtime pal DT who I've known since we were 2 years old. It would be the first of many last year.

March--not to disprespect my lady by kissing and telling, but the one thing I'll remember most about March was the first time Batgirl and I slept together. We fought off the desire to have sex for well over a month, and finally it happened, albeit unexpectedly. To this day, we are both very glad we waited. I also met her parents. I never felt nervous as they made me feel very welcome. When you look my status now, I'm nearly considered one of the family.

April--Batgirl took me for my first ever massage. Man--as strange as the masseuse was, the experience was very relaxing. No happy ending though. Closing the month,Batgirl and I went on our first ever trip together. We went down south for a marathon she was participating in. We'd never been to the city, and we had a great time. It was during this weekend when the realization hit me that I was falling in love with her.

May--This month had a lot happen. To being, a day after returning from our trip, Batgirl and I hit Fenway Park to see Johnny Damon's return to Boston as the Yankees got smoked by the Red Sox. Unlike many in the park that night, I stood and gave Johnny D a standing ovation. Twice. A day later, a former reader revealed they had been able to uncover Batgirl's identity and where she lived based on info I'd posted in the old blog. Immediately, the old blog was flushed into obscurity, regretfully. Flash forward to the night before Mother's Day. Batgirl and I got loaded. After she hit the floor in a drunken pile and I was helping her up, she looked into my eyes and declared she loved me. What else was I to do but tell her the truth I had come to accept weeks earlier. I loved her, too. The next day, we made sure we told each other without any influence of alcohol. Hearing it again--sober--was just as great as hearing it the first time.

Ah yes--these first 5 months of 2006 were nothing but bliss for Batgirl and I. It really hit me as I was doing this recap that my girlfriend played a major role in the more memorable moments of the last year. That's a pretty good thing to discover as you take inventory of what you look back on in a particularly memorable time of your life.

In June, however, the smooth ride we were enjoying would hit bumps, and the road since would continue to continue to hit potholes up through the New Year...

posted by That 30's Guy @ 12:01 AM,

|

<< Home