Listed on BlogShares So...This Is My 30's?


 

My 20's have been left behind and my 30's has begun. This is my journey into the next phase of adulthood.

So, should I be feeling any different?

Cause for Concern?

I intended on preparing this week's "Testosterone Tuesday" tonight, but a late return home from Day One of the 2006 Christmas shopping season for me will prevent that.

That, and my mind is on a more serious occurrence.

Monday night, after a very stressful day on the job, I returned home and discovered blood coming from my body in a place and way it shouldn't be. Needless to say I am very alarmed by this. In fact, I immediately got faint and had to delay my plans to heat up some leftover pizza slices in the oven. There was a good deal of blood and it was downright scary.

I admit, I haven't been responsible about going to the doctor for regular physicals. It's been a few years since I had one. Granted, I have still been to see the doctor for various ailments, but I just haven't done the right thing and gone for an annual check up. I have said that once I hit 30, I'd schedule regular exams, but with my mind consumed by other things (like the job), I haven't done it yet. Maybe now, this has got it through my thick skull.

Now, I know a lot of you reading this are concerned for me (and there are those of you who could care less, and I don't blame you). I feel the same as I did when I woke up Monday, Sunday, Friday, a week ago. I felt fine enough to heat up that pizza, eat a salad and go out to shop for gifts. Some preliminary online reading indicates it may not be anything serious. It wouldn't shock me if this is stress related. I mean, for over three years now I've been pretty overwhelmed in two different jobs, and today was quite a brutal day--but now the worst I've had since starting this job in July. Bottom line though is, this is something I need to watch out for again, and if I see anything like it, it's time to suck it up and go see the doc.

You know, what is ironic is while on my home tonight, Batgirl was telling me that the health of her aunt battling cancer is not getting any better. In fact, it wouldn't shock anyone if she succumbs to cancer in the next couple of months. I will keep this to myself for now, for there is no need to get her alarmed.

Let's hope there never is a reason to alarm her.

posted by That 30's Guy @ 12:04 AM,

|

<< Home