Listed on BlogShares So...This Is My 30's?


 

My 20's have been left behind and my 30's has begun. This is my journey into the next phase of adulthood.

So, should I be feeling any different?

Feelin' Blue

I know it's been a while since my last post, and a lot of you non-sports fans care to read sports-oriented writing but...too fuckin' bad. I've been pretty burned out with computer use due to the job, but at the moment I am motivated.

Tonight, hopes that were so high, and declined gradually throughout this NFL season, came to a crushing end. My New York Giants, who I was so confident back in September would be representing the NFC in Super Bowl XL on Feb 4, fell to the Philadelphia Eagles 23-20 on a last-second field goal. More of the same that I and my fellow Giants fans suffered through all season continued on in this game. We saw penalties at in-opportune times, piss-poor playcalling, classic folds in crunch time by the defense, big plays by the opposing team when momentum was moving over to Big Blue's favor, and bad tackling. It was the perfect microcosm of the 2006 season.


Of course, the biggest disappointment--at least for me--is tonight's loss marks the end of the career of my favorite player, Tiki Barber (above). He had another stellar game tonight, except he couldn't get the ball into the end zone when they needed it late. Nevertheless, the Giants lose a superstar player and a classy human being. There aren't many likable players on this team, and with Tiki leaving there aren't many more choices. I sure do hope that if the Giants brass wisens up and cleans out the coaching staff that Tiki will have a change of heart. It sure doesn't sound like it, but I can always dream right? Like, about how Big Blue's going to do next season?

That 30's Guy Super Bowl Pick-Not-To-Click: Baltimore Ravens vs. New Orleans Saints.

posted by That 30's Guy @ 8:34 PM,

|

<< Home