Listed on BlogShares So...This Is My 30's?


 

My 20's have been left behind and my 30's has begun. This is my journey into the next phase of adulthood.

So, should I be feeling any different?

30's Guy Sage Advice

I've been taught a few lessons in the last couple of weeks that I hope I remember...

#1 NEVER take your car to a mechanic other than the one you normally use.
This is probably not a newsflash to anyone, but I learned this one the hard way. The head gasket on my Grand Am was leaking coolant, and since the week between Christmas and New Year's was going to short for me, I opted to have the repair done on my car. Problem was: my regular mechanic is always closed that week. I mention this necessary repair to Batgirl's dad, who refers me to a couple of mechanics he's used and was happy with the service. I'm off the day of Batgirl's closing, and again two days later, so I decide to drop my car off at one of the places. The garage seemed kind of shady, but I figured Batgirl's dad wouldn't stear me wrong.

What follows was a repair that took 12 days. Yes. TWELVE DAYS! First, the repair was done, but the mechanic fucked something up. They end up sending my car to another garage they share business with, with the bill being taken care of. I'm told it would be done last Friday, but guess what...it wasn't. I work out a deal for them to pay for a rental, and low-and-behold, the car gets done today. Now, the trick will be getting my money for the rental car.

#2 You should always set a budget before Christmas shopping.
I haven't added my bills up yet, but I can guarantee you it will take me months to dig out of debt. This Christmas, I didn't get a Christmas bonus like I used to at the old job (it was a very generous one, too). I didn't take that into account, and with the additions of Batgirl and a few of her family members (I didn't spend much on them), I may have bitten off more than I could chew. I don't know what has happened, but suddenly my checking account is looking pretty skimpy, especially after I just wrote a check for my car loan payment and took care of my utility, insurance, and cell phone bills today. I guess making mid to low $40K isn't all it's cracked up to be.

#3 Being committed to one person is actually a little work.
I've always been faithful. I haven't had many opportunities to cheat over the years when I was with someone, but then again, I've never had a relationship to the level of the one I have with Batgirl. As we approach our one year anniversary in another 19 days, I've been hit with a couple of temptations. First, there was the girl from the strip club a couple of weeks ago who clearly was flirting with me all night. Now there is the relatively new, and veryattractive, girl in the office who caught my eye just before Christmas, and continues to turn my head each day. All I know about her is she's about my age, is divorced, and today I discovered she smokes (which is a bit of turn off for me, not that I have any problem with people who smoke). Today I also noticed her flirt a little with me, and that stuck with me for a time. Admittedly, I enjoyed it briefly.

Of course, no matter what happens, I always seem to get her out of my mind when the work day ends, and Batgirl comes back to the forefront of my carnal desires. I guess it's all about discipline, and appreciating what you have with the one you love.

posted by That 30's Guy @ 10:43 PM,

|

<< Home