Listed on BlogShares So...This Is My 30's?


 

My 20's have been left behind and my 30's has begun. This is my journey into the next phase of adulthood.

So, should I be feeling any different?

Pardon the Absence, But...

Seems like I can't get myself motivated to sit down at a computer after being at one all day, and type up some posts. I thought I'd get back in the groove last week but it just didn't happen. I've been quit busy at the "new" job in recent weeks, which is good considering how little I did the first two weeks there. As Labor Day weekend winds down (I'm a little buzzed after dinner with Nern, his wife, and Batgirl), I'm hopeful this 30's Guy will be able to get back at it again this week. Something tells me with a second fantasy football draft tomorrow, the NFL season kicking off Thursday, and who knows what in the days ahead, I'll have a few musings to give you all.

A quick note is I am going to go back to my original edict of limiting details of my personal life. I've found that my approach in my relationship has been influenced considerably by the opinions of commenters to my posts, when the reality is you are seeing it from a perspective that changes with each day....namely, mine. I recognize my girlfriend and I have issues to work out, and I am determined to deal with them (you know what they are) if they rare their ugly heads again. Fact is, I could probably point out faults with your significant others if I wanted to. Some of you don't dive into your personal lives live I have, but there are blogs I read that do. I then say to myself, "You know, I have it good. I have to have faith I will be man enough to make my feelings known if the time comes when these issues cause problems." Bottom line is, if my girlfriend isn't willing to to let me have a life outside of our relationship, it's not going to work.

I've seen signs this weekend where her return to work, combined with more of a committment by me to spend time together, will allow that with no protest by her. I accept she will not get along with certain people, but with those who mean most to me, she does. My parents, my family members, my best friends, some of their significant others; they all adore her and continually sing her praises. It will take more time, but I have faith our battle last weekend was a building block. I already informed her I will be going up to Master K's to see his new condo, and I think it's understood she doesn't have to come due to her feelings towards his girlfriend Shep. I explained his disappointment that I have made no effort to make it up to his new condo since he got it in June, and she understood. Furthermore, she is willingly coming with me to my buddy Tall Paul's suprise 30th at the end of the month, which will be an event loaded with my college friends.

Do I believe the adjustment period is over? Not by a long shot. We're only 7 months into this relationship, and we both have years of singledom to get out of our system. I think Batgirl is going to make the effort to co-exist with the large collection of friends I have, so as long as I make the effort to give the alone time she enjoyes. You know what? I enjoy that time too.

posted by That 30's Guy @ 10:55 PM,

|

<< Home