Listed on BlogShares So...This Is My 30's?


 

My 20's have been left behind and my 30's has begun. This is my journey into the next phase of adulthood.

So, should I be feeling any different?

Stretch Run of a Busy Month

I can see the finish line, but it's so far away.

August is going down as a very draining month, both physically and mentally. Things at the new job are very hectic this week, and it figures that it HAD to be this week as I try to get everything I need done before my friend's wedding weekend. Starting tonight, I'm going to be heading out with the guys as we celebrate Nern's 2nd to last night as a single man. To make this an even more special occasion, our government decided to grant our pal, Capt. Paul, a coincidental 2-week leave from Iraq at the time of this wedding. He got home safely Tuesday night, and he's raring to go with guys. I fear the night will take us to yet another strip club (the Capt is a huuuge fan of gentlemen's clubs), and I'm not going to argue with a guy who's seen nothing but sand, guns, and dudes in camouflage since January. Shhh. We won't tell Bat Girl (I know--I'm going to get grief from the female readership for that statement).

Tommorrow, I get out of work (hopefully) by 2:30pm, hurry home and change for the 5pm rehearsal, and rehearsal dinner. Meanwhile, Batgirl is at her friend's wedding and has the reception starting around 6pm. I am going to try like heck to get there by 9:30pm because she's one of the few who is showing up dateless. Thankfully, the wedding changed from being non-alcoholic to cash bar, so she's not dreading the reception as much as she was. Then, we go home, get some sleep (or--maybe not heh heh), get up, I clean up and she drives me to Nern's place to get into my tux and the groom's party gets picked up at 1pm Saturday to go to the church. Then the fun begins. Whew!

Last night I purchased a wine rack for the bride and groom online, which features a plaque made of marble commemorating their wedding, some artwork, their names, and the date painted on. It won't arrive to them for another 3 weeks, but I liked the gift too much to pass it up. On top of that gift, which I only spent $76.00 for, I have Batgirl's birthday sharing the same day as the wedding. For her, I bought her a DVD/VCR combo to go with her kickass 41" Hi-def plasma TV. Yes, folks--the girl does not have a DVD player to go with that sweet set. Furthermore, I got her two DVD's to go with it: Dead Poets Society (her favorite flick), and that supreme chick flick over all chick flicks, The Notebook.

I really don't feel like I'm doing enough for her birthday, especially after the phenomonal effort she put forth on my party, but with this wedding (which I'm in, so I am renting a tux for over $100 bucks), I'm spending a combined $300.00-plus. I'm thinking of cooking her a nice meal at her place Sunday,then give her a massage and fixi her a bubble bath...which I will joyfully jump into. I hear you girls like that shit.

No matter what I do though, I don't think it's enough. I know this ain't a competition, but I'm so grateful for the job she did on the party that I just can't settle on an idea. Beyond that, I still feel like I'm cheaping-out on the wedding gift too. Afterall, I'm in the wedding party, and I've put down less than $100 bucks!

I'll tell you what: I simply can't wait to wake up on Sunday and know that I have nothing going on for at least two weeks. Labor Day weekend...who knows. All I know is, next week I can get back to normal and concentrate on other things like the blog, fantasy football, baseball, golf, and the forthcoming NFL season where my Giants are going to make a Super Bowl run.

Have a good weekend everyone!

posted by That 30's Guy @ 8:04 PM,

|

<< Home