Listed on BlogShares So...This Is My 30's?


 

My 20's have been left behind and my 30's has begun. This is my journey into the next phase of adulthood.

So, should I be feeling any different?

Dirty 30: Happy Birthday to Me

It's finally official. That 30's Guy is...well...30!

As expected I feel like I did when I was 29. Actually, check that. At 29, I felt like I was at a crossroads, and today I don't feel that way. Starting Monday I will be in Day 1 at the new job. I have no clue what they'll be having me do since my new boss (who doesn't work out of the location I'll be in) actually didn't return my call from Friday afternoon. Basically, I'm showing up Monday AM with no idea of who will be training me. I thought it was going to be my cousin, but he told me he has training all week, so some other dude was mentioned as the guy I'll be working with for the week. No matter. I am looking forward to this fresh start; its been a long time coming.

As for the actual birthday, today was basically a day of cleaning up from the bash, and rest. The party was a huge success. I had over 30 guests, and the food was outstanding. I can attribute the success to Batgirl. She really put in a lot of work these last few weeks, and the result was a lot of happy (and full!) guests. While the setting up process, which started Friday night and didn't end until the first two guests arrived, was a real bitch, it felt really good to just hang with everyone and have fun. Some brief highlights:

That talk with Gian has really stuck in my head since we spoke late in the party. While I know where I stand in her heart, hearing it from the point of view from an outsider and knowing how she was so moved it brought tears to her eyes was touching. Gian was always one of the guys in college who'd be there to listen to me when I struck out with the ladies, and has remained that type of friend to this day. He was very moved by the show of emotion from my girlfriend, and he wanted me to know that after the years of frustration, he thinks I've finally got it right. I haven't mentioned to Batgirl that I know about this talk she had, but she did bring up today how she had a deep conversation with Gian, and how she senses he has an enormous amount of respect for me.

You know, you can take all the gifts in the world, but spending the day with my closest friends and the woman I love, and knowing just how much they all respect and care about me is the best present of all.

posted by That 30's Guy @ 10:37 PM,

|

<< Home