Listed on BlogShares So...This Is My 30's?


 

My 20's have been left behind and my 30's has begun. This is my journey into the next phase of adulthood.

So, should I be feeling any different?

Information Overload

These first couple of days at the new job is making my brain feel like it will explode!

Problem with a new job, no matter how much of an improvement it will be over the old one, is learning how to do it. I've spent the better part of my first two days reading pages and pages of material about the products I'll be dealing with. My cousin, who will be working with me, told me to concentrate on one product in particular because a lot of the accounts he'll be handing over to me will deal with it primarily. Being out of college for so long has lead me to forget just how draining studying can be if it's all you do!

The people have have been really nice and aren't expecting me to learn everything in one week. I see early signs that this is a better run business, too. People have coverage when they are out on vacation. People work together and are more sociable. This morning I had a good chat about the Giants with another Giants fan who sits diagonally from my desk. He believes he and I will be working on projects together once I'm up to speed on this product. He even admits that after 2 years he doesn't know as much as he should! We'll make an interesting team, to say the least.

Of course, it wouldn't be me if something didn't go wrong to mar my first day. At the end of the day, my car dies right in the parking lot! My cousin tried to jump me, but the car was not starting. I believed it to be the alternator based on prior experience with cars I owned. I had no choice but to call Batgirl to ask if she could make the 35-minute drive to come get me. I waited for her at a bar with my cuz, and we gave the the car another go. After leaving her battery connected to mine for a good five minutes, we managed to bring it back to life and drive it back north to a mechanic her dad knows. She then drove us around to find a place to eat, then took me to my folks' house so I could borrow my mom's car for today.

Then today, I find out it WASN'T the alternator; it was my battery. That's good news considering it costs less than a new alternator would. The bad news is it still cost over $130.00! I could have bought a battery for half the price and replaced it myself. Ah well. Who knew? Batgirl then went ahead and paid for the car and brought it back to my parents' house to I could make the switch after work. What would I do without her? She was so cool about Monday night's breakdown and having to go out of her way. We celebrate 6 months together on Thursday (well, actually our date is Friday night), and I am just happier than I ever have been with any woman. I just wish this week wasn't so hectic so that I could think more clearly and plan out something more special for her than I have in mind.

posted by That 30's Guy @ 10:42 PM,

|

<< Home