Listed on BlogShares So...This Is My 30's?


 

My 20's have been left behind and my 30's has begun. This is my journey into the next phase of adulthood.

So, should I be feeling any different?

The Blog-Post Slowdown

I'm sure these long lags between posts cna be a bit disappointing, but I'm realizing that all this time of being on a computer during the day at work is become draining. I don't mind coming home and leisurely browsing a few fun sites like the ones I have listed to the right in the margin, but having to do things like updating my books in Quicken, or even typing e-mail or a blog entry has become a bit of a drag. I guess you could say the juices are not flowing freely. Not to mention, my back gets so tight now when I get stressed that it's hard to sit in a chair at a desk.

The workload got jacked up suddenly in the last week, and some of the projects are time sensitive. I'm slowly falling back into the state of overwhelment. It amazes me how there's been this talk of me being moved up to a more complex configuration to work on, yet there's been no news of a hiring to take over the load I've had to deal with. Hey--it's now my department to run.

Anyway, that said, I'll try to post when there's interesting topics to touch on, but I don't think I'll ever get into the daily swing of posting like I once was able to do when I started blogging. I've tried to, but just don't have the time or energy.

Since I'm on the board now, I want to thank those who commented on my last post. I'm opting to not say anything to Politician, but the matter really does baffle me. In a surprise, Batgirl saw this whole backing out on the wedding by Politician the same way I do. We agreed that if this was us, we'd just have to go to our friends' respective weddings seperately, especially in the case where one of us was asked to be a part of the wedding party. While I don't think Batgirl is overly enthused about going to Vermont for 3-days with my friends, at least she seems to be accepting of it (so far).

I'm not the only one shocked by Politician's decision, I'm sure. A mutual friend of ours from college, who actually went through high school with Politician, mentioned it to me in an email today. FBI (named so because he is in the, well, you can figure it out) is already making plans to come with his wife, and they live way out West with a young son! Well, whatever.

Beyond the workload regrowth and the buzz over Politician's decision to miss Vegas' wedding, little else is really happening. Spring is arriving and the weather is slowly improving. The time is coming where I need to go make a run by the ocean after work at least every other day, and start getting in shape. Time to get those golf clubs shined and warmed up. I'm also getting an itch to go on a trip with Batgirl.

Because we declined on a June Mediterranean cruise with my family and a group of people from the same school system my mom and Batgirl work in, we'd like to take a shorter, cheaper trip during April vacation. I get at least an email a day about "deals," however it's becoming apparent to me that we got motivated for such an idea a little too late. I'd really love to go hit the Bahamas or Mexico or any Carribean spot for a 4-day getaway, but I just don't have the money for some of the offers I'm seeing right now. Once June hits, who the hell wants to go down there when summer is arriving in the US? Ah well. I never claimed to have the best timing.

Maybe I'll see you tomorrow, and maybe I won't. All depends how late I work, or how busy I am during lunch. Either way, I'll catch up with ya later.

posted by That 30's Guy @ 10:04 PM,

|

<< Home