Listed on BlogShares So...This Is My 30's?


 

My 20's have been left behind and my 30's has begun. This is my journey into the next phase of adulthood.

So, should I be feeling any different?

100th Post!

I've hit a blog landmark. Well, at least for this version of my blog.

I've hit the 100th post. What, you may ask, will I do to commemorate it? Nothing but a regular post. I hit a 100th post way back in 2005 when I had my first blog, so this time around isn't a big deal. Quite frankly, I should have hit #100 months ago, but I just haven't been able to write anything with the frequency I once had. I'm either too busy to post, or just want to keep of the computer after working on one all day. It's been 5 days since I last had anything to say, so here goes. Pick and choose whichever topic title tickles your fancy.

Sudden Slowdown

No sooner after I said my job was breaking me down and driving me nuts because I was overloaded, I suddenly find myself too caught up. Projects have come to a crawl, and I actually found myself surfing the net leisurely today. It's a bad omen, because I know any day now I'm going to hit some series or crisises that will make we want to jump of the roof. Shit, the thrill of my day was making the hottest girl in my office crack up laughing over a sort about when I got pulled over by Eugene Tackleberry wannabe two years ago.

That reminds me...a few weeks ago one of my buddies in the building was telling me she took him aside and asked him if he had heard this rumor about her having an affair with a married man. We both found this amusing because the day before this happened, he mentioned to me that one of the guys in our shipping department stumbled upon her and the biggest male whore in my office getting cozy in a booth one night. Then, he saw them leave together. Guess the rumor got out the wrong way. Still, if I didn't have Batgirl, I would have pursued her.

My Mom Likes to Party All the Time, Party All the Time, Party All the Ti-ime!

My parents through a party for my sister's 21st birthday over the weekend. Sure, it was a few days after the actual event, but they wanted to do the family-party thing. My to my horror, I watched my mom get toasted to the point she passed out on the couch in the den before Batgirl and I left. That was quite the site to see on the way out the front door. Needless to say, Mother 30's Guy had a long Sunday.

As for my sister, she got pretty crocked too, however her buzz got killed by my 17 year old cousin. Apparently my sister saw my cousin's boyfriend slamming the hood of her car when she was driving around the other day. My sister, who's sort of like an older sister to my cousin, pulled over to make sure our cousin was safe. Following the incident, my sister reported what she saw to my uncle out of fear of what this jerkoff could do. My cousin wanted to discuss the matter with my sister. That was a whole scene going on late night up in the kitchen while the rest of us mingled in the game room. With alcohol flowing freely, Saturday was not the night to have such a serious talk. Not to mention, my sister was already upset that nearly all of her fairweather friends showed up (much to my parents' relief since most of the girls are under 21).

March Madness

It's that time again, kids! Bust out your brackets and see if you can pick who the Cinderella "Bracket-Buster" team will be. I was glued to the TV yesterday when I could, even though my school, a mid-major basketball program, choked in its conference tournament last weekend. We're in the NIT at least, though I'm not happy about the 1st round draw. I can assure you I am not the guy to come to since I haven't had a strong showing in a pool for several years. I would, however, like to see you commenters give us all some extra insight into who we should consider banking on to take us into the deep end of the office pool.

Tits and That

Over the last couple of weeks, a couple of actresses have really got me chubbed up: Jennifer Love Hewitt, who's always been a 30's Guy favorite, and a surprise--Hillary Swank. It's amazing to see what happens when an actress opts to get back on the market.

First she was looking smoking hot at the Oscars, and now J LoH is appearing in a new Hanes campaign, showing off her bodacious bombs in the new"All-Over Comfort Bra" commercial. I saw the ad come up while talking on the phone with Batgirl last week, and needless to say I got a bit tongue-tied. Shit, if she was looking for all over comfort for her twin beauties, all she had to do was give me a ring. Batgirl has zero complaints!

As for Miss Swank, she seems to be all over magazine covers and the subject of feature stories a lot lately. Not to mention, she is in a racy new ad for some perfume called Insolence, nearly nude. Nice. I guess the Academy Award winner is out dating again after she divorced that lush, Chad Lowe...

Speaking of pictures being everywhere, this just in (and maybe I'm a little late): Antonella Barba is a prime piece of tail. I know girls, especially at a young age, like to take tons of pictures, but my God, this is ridiculous! Is she modelling, or trying to seduce photographers into a little meet-between-the-sheets? Obviously, the girl and her friends are VERY comfortable with their bodies, and each other's bodies for that matter. In the last two weeks, I've seen more pictures of this girl BY ACCIDENT than anyone in my own family. Still, she wasn't enough to get me to tune into that joke of a show she was on. Now that she's been voted off, I'm dying to see what she'll do next. If she's smart, she'd take advantage of the big bucks offers being thrown her way to do "Girls Gone Wild"-type stuff or a topless spread in Playboy because-honestly-who is going to remember her in two years?

posted by That 30's Guy @ 8:22 PM,

|

<< Home