Listed on BlogShares So...This Is My 30's?


 

My 20's have been left behind and my 30's has begun. This is my journey into the next phase of adulthood.

So, should I be feeling any different?

Ozzie's All-Stars

As much as I like Ozzie Guillen, I have a big problem with the fact he chose to take his guy, Mark Buerhle, to this year's All-Star Game over Curt Schilling. I know I sound like a typical whinny Red Sox fan, but Schill has one more win (10), a slightly better ERA (3.54 vs. 3.86), and hasn't been shelled the way Buerhle did Sunday against the Cubs, giving up TEN--yes TEN--earned runs.

The snub of Schilling, and this stupid rule MLB instituted a few years ago that at least one player from each ball club must be an All-Star, means a guy like the Royals' Mark Redman is an "all-star" and Curt is not. I'm sorry, but as a close follower of the game, I have a hard time digesting this.

The same can be said for Tampa Bay's Carl Crawford. This guy can field, hit, run bases, and improves with every season, yet he's still not good enough to make this squad? He makes the much-improved D-Ray offense go 'round. He can't get the spot over Gary Matthews Jr, a journeyman that the players voted onto the team as a "feel good pick"? Sounds like "office politics" to me.

I also have a problem with Ozzie not inviting Jim Leyland of the Tigers to be on his bench. Leyland has resurrected the once-woeful Tigers and is running away with Manager of the Year. Sure, Ozzie's White Sox are chasing the Tigers, but give Leyland his due.

posted by That 30's Guy @ 10:36 PM,

|

<< Home